Build quizzes and content that will help you to make your breakouts more engaging. Participants who arrive late will also appreciate the option to join so ensure you have the joining code freely available during the session for latecomers. Leaderboard at the end of each question encourages friendly competition. No App download needed. Top tips:
(1) The questions for multiple choice take up to 4 options or you can do true/ false questions. You can set the time to answer each question and points available as well to make it fun.
(2) The host should share their screen so participants can read the questions and then answer on another device such as their phone
(3) There is an option to mute the background music as it can be quite distracting
(4) Having an ice breaker question at the beginning is a fun way to get everyone engaged, but also to check the tech is working. I.e. ‘Marmite love it or hate it?’ ‘Scones cream first or jam first?’
(5) The question length is limited but the option to upload an image can be helpful. If you want MCQ style questions with a vignette just type them in word and screen shot them as an image. Just be sure to extend the timer allowance for the question to give everyone a chance to read it.
Another interactive platform for polls and quizzes, and also allows participants to post anonymous questions, giving some people the confidence to do so who wouldn’t otherwise. No app download needed - attendees join on another tab or on their phones using a meeting ID or (automatically generated) QR code. Free to use for leaders and attendees. Possible to integrate into a PowerPoint for a smooth presentation (though this feature only works on Windows currently)
Slack is a good platform to allow participants to network and chat in different channels that you can set up beforehand. Also a potential platform for team communications - have separate channels for small groups within the team or 1:1 chats, share files, pin important messages, and control your notifications for work-life balance! Slack has some great add ons such as polling and zoom integration that makes collecting feedback, organising tasks and meetings easier.